Friday 16 May 2008

Murphy, Unit 14, 14.3

  1. I don't know where Lisa is. Have you seen her?
  2. When I got home last night, I was very tired and I went straight to bed.
  3. A: Have you finished painting the bedroom?
    B: Not yet, I'll finish it tomorrow.
  4. George wasn't very well last week.
  5. Mr Clark worked in a bank for 15 years. Then he gave it up.
  6. Molly lives in Dublin. She has lived there all her life.
  7. A: Did you go to the cinema last night?
    B: Yes, but it was a mistake. The film was awful.
  8. My grandfather died before I was born. I never met him.
  9. I don't know Carol's husband. I've never met him.
  10. A: Is Martin here? B: No, he's gone out.
    A: When exactly did he go out? B: About ten minutes ago.
  11. A: Where do you live? B: In Boston.
    A: How long have you lived there? B: Five years.
    A: Where did you live before that? B: In Chicago.
    A: And how long did you live in Chicago? B: Two years.

No comments: